Friday, July 15, 2011

Busy Summer!

I've got multiple good reasons for not blogging lately: we're really busy with the garden and market and regular life, and I got locked out of our account and didn't get around to getting access again for over a month, but praise God I got back in and we're good to go! Thanks for the encouragement to write again Corrie!

Lilian has been changing so much lately! We are so thankful to have her, she is a delight! She imitates us a lot! Tuesday night at dinner David told about the geckos falling on you in Guam and how ladies that would visit his family's home would get all agitated, "Aaah! It's in my hair!" Lilian thought that was funny and started imitating her Papa acting like something was in her hair and she was trying to brush it out! She really likes sharing her food, with people or animals or toys! We ate some of our first watermelon and she took a bite over to her "rolling horse" and was making little smacking sounds like it was eating. Then she ran away, got her blanket, came back and started wiping it's mouth! Her favorite song (maybe not the whole thing, but at least the part David and I sing to her) is "Oh Happy Day", she walks around saying "Happy day!" in her little singing voice! It's such a joy! She sings her sweet little gibberish in the car a lot too!

I think I'll just share some pictures and captions to show a little of what we've been up to!
We started getting siding on the house! Three sides done, one more to go!
When Lilian and I got back from a baby shower we found Dad hard at work on the porch siding, so we joined him! Lilian LOVES helping and figured out how to put screws into the drill! My Man put the tin on the porch roof and painted the "inside" of the roof white! It looks nice! Baby watermelon! Little Zucchini, or as Lilian calls them, "kini". The zucchini plants (and pumpkins) are undergoing a gruesome attack by squash bugs. Some have been annihilated but a few are still alive, and recovering! Some of our Kikos... Three of them had kids, one doeling and two bucklings. Cucumber blossoms. They are doing very well! One day I was taking Lilian's pictures and every snap she'd make a different funny face!


David the Snake Slayer. Note the blood on his shirt. He showed Billy how to do it Mav style! :D Aunt Kris came and kept Lilian and me company while David went to some fire training! We had such a good time! After David got back from training he brought the doe kid inside. It apparently felt quite at ease with Kris; first it fell asleep under her legs, then is snuggled right in and slept soundly on her. She didn't have a name that day, but after David and Kris discovered poison ivy all over their arms and necks, we dubbed her Itch. Lilian likes looking at Billy's pictures! She's my little kitchen helper! This day she got a little hungry while helping! Riding her horse with Papa! A four generation picture with a father and grandfatherly figure in David's life! L-R: Lilian, David, Grandy (Grandpa Randy), and his father Alfie. They are a blessing to us and we are so glad they could come out! Lilian LOVES tickling people, but particularly me! Showing Grandy the gardens. My uncle, aunt, and cousin came to visit for the Fourth of July! It was a lot of fun watching Austin and Lilian play together. He's about a year older. I like this picture because so much is happening! Austin and Lilian liked the cash register! This picture is funny because Grandpa and Billy just sat back and watched the show! (Billy has come back from Mississippi and is staying with us while he builds "The Billy Shack" nearby! It's looking good! We can't wait to see the finished project, and neither can he!) Lilian's been a bit bitey lately! We're breaking the "habit" fast, before it becomes one! Even though it's not good, it is rather hilarious when she does it! :P When we first bought this land we were amazed by the broad variety of moths and butterflies that are out here! This is what Lilian does when she wants to be held, she says, "Me!? Hold!?" Here's the front of the house with siding and the roof on! Papa and Lilian riding horses together! :D Our first watermelon! It had split so we harvested it early, but it was pretty good! I froze it and another one to make some delicious watermelon smoothies! All you do is blend up some frozen chunks (seeds get blended too) and pour it up to enjoy! It's so refreshing! See my dead and defeated foe, a squished squash bug! David giving our friends the Engles a farm tour! We really enjoyed our visit with you all! Me and Ahlgren Baby 2.0 somewhere around 16 weeks! Wednesday I thought I felt some flutters, but I definitely felt movement yesterday and today! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thank you Lord! My next favorite stage is when David can feel the baby moving! My belly really looks big in this picture, I don't think it looks that big in real life. :P We went to the midwife's (the same one as Lilian's! Praise the Lord!) this week and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again! It seemed like every 5-10 seconds the baby would kick! (S)He was really active!
*Here's a picture from Friday, the 22nd, before I ate breakfast. :P It's the same shirt but pulled back. I think I'd eaten more in the first pic and David's above angle changes my perceived dimensions. :D


Please be praying for our friends the Smiths, their 17month old daughter died this past week. The funeral was last Saturday, it was sad, but they know in Whom to put their trust and that was quite evident! But please pray for them!

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
John 13:34-35

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all your pics, Kate!!! I miss you guys! Wish I could be there for all those adventures! :) Hope to see ya'll soon!! Perhaps on July 29?? :) :P

julia said...

We enjoyed coming out to see you guys too! Those pictures of Lilian making all the different faces are really cute :)

Cynthia said...

Haha! You thought you look big in that picture!? You are tiny and look great! Miss you all. Lillian is so big now and I'm sure she's as sweet as can be!

AnnaKaye87 said...

Kate, Hi! My name is Anna Stamper and we met at Millie's memorial service a few weeks ago, and I stumbled across your blog while looking at Curtis's and thought I would say hi. I really enjoyed meeting you and your sweet little family! Maybe we can get together again sometime. Your blog is so cute! Bye!
Anna Stamper
www.lifeisajourney87.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, I also just found your blog from Shilo's. I'm Sara and we have the little boy that was fussy when we met at Millie's service. And I talked about Charlee L a lot. Yeah that's me. Hope we run into you guys again! Allthingsvintage88.blogspot.com

Shiloh Smith said...

It's amazing what a small world this is!!!
www.shilohsanity.blogspot.com